Being fit is a life endeavor.Some years will be more successful than others. A lifetime of practicing these few principles will have a powerful impact.You will find getting and staying fit simple and possible when you put these 25 tips into practice.
Live and get fit with everyday tools:
- Use smaller dinner plates to control portions and calorie intake.Eat just one serving, and avoid seconds.
- Make exercise a regular part of your life.Make friends where you exercise and use these friendships to promote accountability and increase your motivation.
- Know what you want to accomplish and visualize the end result of your hard work.
- Believe in yourself
- Don’t be a wimp or a complainer – most things worth having require some work.Fitness can be fun.Keep good work ethics a part of your plan.
- Drink water all day long.
- Know when to ask for help.
- Maintain your metabolism by eating a healthy snack or meal every three hours.Keep what you eat unprocessed, fresh, and low in sugar.
- Forget “will power” – it is about WANT power!How badly do you want it?
- Don’t eat processed foods.These foods are high in empty calories that have very little nutritional value to your body and contain chemicals that can be harmful to your health.Think:“if it comes out of a window or a box, it might not be good to eat”.
- Make food choices that are healthy, low in fat and eat plenty of lean proteins, leafy greens, and whole grains.
- It’s okay to be a skeptic.Watch out for products that are labeled “health food”. Always read the labels and make an informed decision.
- Act now and get the job done.Remember, talk is cheap.
- Exercise with people who are in better shape than you.This will encourage you to push your limits.
- Never indulge in negative self talk.
- Don’t drink calories.
- Pay attention to everything you eat.
- Get enough rest
- Be consistent with your exercise.Exercise three or four times per week for life.
- Expect more from yourself.
- Never eat or drink high fructose corn syrup.It will spike your blood sugar levels and encourage your body to store fat.
- Eat plenty of whole plant foods.Vegetables, fruits, and whole grains are filled with fiber and antioxidants and great for your health and weight control.
- Eat breakfast, always.
- If you know you deserve better, than go get it.Challenge yourself.
- Set specific, measurable goals and track your successful progress.
Life is over before you know it…get ready to make a change, live and eat healthy.Put these practices to the test, it is a great beginning.Print them where you can see them, strive to be focused, determined, and in control of your health.Get fit and stay fit for life.
Here at MMI, we can help you address and recover from injuries or barriers to your “fitness for life” success.We offer state of the art rehabilitation programs and our staff of rehabilitation professionals can individualize your fitness and treatment programs to reach your goals.
Are you struggling with a problem that interferes with your ability to reach your fitness level and stay healthy?Can we offer a suggestion to get you back on the path and moving again toward your goal. Let’s hear from you and let’s team up and get started on a Healthy New You.