Matthew J. Levine, M.D.
Request an Appointment
Matthew J. Levine, M.D., is a board certified orthopaedic physician specializing in sports medicine at the Mid-Maryland Musculoskeletal Institute (MMI) division in Frederick and Urbana, Maryland. Dr. Levine has acquired a wide-range of industry experience through his academic and professional endeavors nationally and abroad. In addition to providing patients with in-office care, Dr. Levine serves as a Team Physician for Tuscarora High School and has assisted on medical staff teams for The Penn Relays and World Figure Skating Championships. A former athlete himself, Dr. Levine understands the importance of helping his patients maintain their active lives.
Areas Of Expertise
Arthroscopic Shoulder and Knee Surgery
Arthroscopic Rotator Cuff Repair
SLAP Lesion Injuries and Repairs
Total and Reverse Shoulder Replacement
Multiligament Knee Injury
- Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Medicine
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine; Philadelphia, P.A.
George Washington University; Washington, D.C.
- Shoulder and Elbow Surgery: University of Sydney at Royal North Shore Hospital; Sydney, Australia
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine and Shoulder Surgery: Duke University; Durham, N.C.
- National Institutes of Health; Washington, D.C.
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- American Association for Physician Leadership
- 1st Prize for Outstanding Oral Presentation, George Washington University Research Day
- 2nd Place Award, Washington Orthopaedic Society Annual Research Day
- Competed at the 1996 U.S. Olympic Team Trials for the 400-meter Intermediate Hurdles
- Frederick Memorial Hospital
- Holy Cross Germantown Hospital
Affiliated Surgery Centers
Physicians Surgery Center
Monocacy Surgery Center